SUMMER 2013 classified marketplace
To place an instant classified order online, CLICK HERE
- "HANDBUILT" for CERF Philadelphia, PA, September 20-22, 2013 – Demonstration, Inspiration, Conversation. A handbuilding conference to benefit the Craft Emergency Relief Fund (CERF+). Demonstrators: Lana Wilson, Vince Pitelka, Chandra DeBuse, Mitch Lyons, Sandi Pierantozzi. Featured exhibition: "Philadelphia Clay." Organized by Sandi Pierantozzi. Info and Registration: www.sandiandneil.com
- Retired potter selling equipment—30 ton Press, 24 Molds & Masters training included, Mold Lift, Slab Roller, Gas Car Kiln, 50 12x24 Shelves, Hundreds of Kiln Furniture, Oxiprobe, Olympic Kiln with Electronic Controller, Show Equipment, much more. Call (305) 664-0013 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bailey MXP 50 Pug Mixer — Excellent condition. Mixes, pugs and deairs 50# of clay from wet or dry-recycled or new bagged. Excellent results. Minimum clay dust released in the air. $3300. Pick up only, southwest Indiana. 812.249.0772, text or call Diane Mann.
- Bailey Studio Model 24/16 Downdraft Gas Kiln and Venco 4-inch De-airing Pugmill. Both in excellent condition. NH 603.763.8756
- 3400 s.f. Turnkey Pottery Studio with 3 BR/2.5 BA apt. 30-ton ram press, powerstar pug mill, kilns, wheel, extruder, slab roller, much more. Coos Bay, Oregon: $195,500. Training and tech support. For information visit http://piattstudio.com/sellstudio1/Sellstudio/index.htm; e-mail: email@example.com or call Darryl at 541-888-0272.
- If you like to make and sell your pottery, and would like to live in one of the most beautiful homes in Texas, then look at www.buffalogappottery.com. Our home, our gallery, and our studio are for sale. Annual sales of $220,000+ per year. COMPLETELY furnished studio, established customers. $336,000 (325) 572-5056
- Soldner Pro Clay Mixer 208 3PH — $3,500 plus shipping from Akron, OH. Contact Bob Yost at 330.734.0763 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Custom Ceramic Molds - For more than 20 years, Petro Mold Company has been designing molds for some of the world’s most renowned ceramic artists and potters. Our innovative molds will help you improve productivity with your popular designs. We set the highest American quality standards with our sculpting, mold manufacturing and design services. Visit us today at www.custommolds.net or (800) 404-5521.
- The Pratt MWP SOA Gallery—The PrattMWP SOA Gallery enriches the educational programs of the Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute. The easily accessible space directly on campus, awards exhibitions to highly qualified artists in a range of different media. Six shows per academic year support the School and provide cultural enrichment to the surrounding community. Artists are given the opportunity to offer a gallery talk/and/or presentation to PrattMWP students and community members. To submit, the deadline for this year is May 15th, 2013 (receipt date) and for next year March 15th, 2014 (postmark date). For more info: http://www.mwpai.org/school-of-art/school-of-art-gallery/
- Baltimore Clayworks seeks an ED who is a passionate advocate of ceramic art to lead our organization. You can read more about this position here: www.transitionguides.com/bcw. Requirements include 5-7 years’ leadership experience and a Bachelor’s degree (Masters degree preferred). To apply, email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Clayworks@TransitionGuides.com
- JOIN AMERICANPOTTERS.COM TODAY! Be a part of a national, searchable database for FREE. Or an “online gallery/portfolio” to sell your work, without commissions. If you have a Web site, join with a “link” page. All information is editable by you, without Web knowledge. Go to http://www.americanpotters.com and click on “FAQ” for more info.
- K-12 Ceramic Exhibition The 16th Annual K-12 Ceramic Exhibition opened in March, 2013 at the NCECA Conference, Houston, TX. 17th Annual event is open to K-12 students by teacher entry. Check out past award winners and their works online at www.k12clay.org.
- PRATTMWP SOA GALLERY — The PrattMWP SOA Gallery enriches the educational programs of the Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute. The easily accessible space directly on campus, awards exhibitions to highly qualified artists in a range of different media. Six shows per academic year support the School and provide cultural enrichment to the surrounding community. Artists are given the opportunity to offer a gallery talk/and/or presentation to PrattMWP students and community members. To submit, the deadline for this year is May 15th, 2013 (receipt date) and for next year March 15th, 2014 (postmark date). For more info: http://www.mwpai.org/school-of-art/school-of-art-gallery/
- WEB SITES FOR POTTERS — We specialize in custom designed sites for artists, craftspeople. New sites, redesigns, maintenance. Visit www.webkazoo.com or call 860-664-9593.
TOOLS FOR POTTERS
- CUSTOM EXTRUDER & PUGMILL DIES — Prices start at 35.00. Any brand & any material. E-mail: email@example.com or visit us online: www.northstarequipment.com; tel. 1-800-231-7896.
- STRONG ARM CENTERING AND OPENING TOOL— Potters, stop causing injury to your wrists, thumbs, and shoulders ... center and open clay in seconds! This is the greatest tool for production potters, studio potters, and schools. Get past the drudgery of centering and opening clay so you can focus on the real art and craft of making better pots! Watch the video at www.marcspotterytools.com.
- GLAZECAL —A conversion chart to calculate glaze recipe percentages to the correct gram weight. Performs 16,000 glaze calculations in seconds. No math/computer programs needed. Portable. Reduce glaze calculation errors and save on raw materials! FOR ALL SKILL LEVELS. MSRP $37.99. Visit www.GlazeCal.com or www.claytimes.com/store.html for purchasing information. Distributors Wanted.
- GREAT NEW HANDBUILDING TEMPLATES! A set of 24 durable, flexible, laminated templates to create circular & conical forms. Developed over many years by potter & teacher, Sandi Pierantozzi. Perfect for potters or teachers.Start having fun creating new forms with CircleMatic Form Finder! www.CircleMatic.com
- NEW! Joe Campbell's Artist Brushes — Three kinds of slip brushes made with horse mane hair (medium-coarse, for hakame patterns); Asian goat hair (silky, for smooth strokes); and ringtail cat hair (for decorating). Handles are individually crafted with bamboo seasoned 6-12 months to minimize splitting, then wrapped with decorative Irish linen threads and ready to hang with loops of cow or elk hide. $30 each. View brush images and order online at www.claytimes.com/store.html
- PRIDDY PRESS — Pliable-Reusable-Embossing-Stamp-System You can make inexpensive, custom, artistic stamps for in-house design work. I can teach you to make your own OR make one for you. Wrap your artwork over and around your pots without the expense of inflexible rubber/plastic stamps. See demos at www.elizabethpriddy.com; tel. 252-504-2622.
- POTTERY RETREAT IN COASTAL SW FLORIDA — Located in historic Bonita Springs. The Gulf access villa includes a ceramic studio and kayaks to use while your pots are drying. Rents weekly or monthly with seasonal rates. www.ThisSideRetreat.com
- CERAMIC ARTS™ TRAVEL AND STUDIO EXCHANGE NETWORK — For all ceramic artists who enjoy traveling & meeting fellow clay folk: Discover the benefits of joining our new network designed to help potters experience clay art and culture around the globe, at down-to-earth prices. Pick your own times & dates to trade use of your home/studio with other potters worldwide, or register for a group workshop/tour. For details, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- GAYA CERAMIC ARTS CENTER in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia: 2012 Two-Week Workshops with Excursions June 10-21 Deborah Swartzkopf "Constructed Shapes" July 1-7 Gyan Daniel Wall "Anagama Build" July 8-21 Gyan Daniel Wall & Hillary Kane "Inauguration by Fire: A Deep Study in Wood Firing" September 2-15 Candone Wharton "The Art of Raku Firing" September 23-October 6 Fong Choo "Proportion of the Teapot Form." Contact: Candone Wharton, NCECA Booth #436; email: email@example.com web: www.candone.com tel: 407.687.8555.
- VIDEOS AND BOOKS
- Order Great Glazes I & II for just $15 each at the Clay Times online store. Featuring dozens of our favorite glaze recipes from the first 12 years of CT, both books include formulas for all types of firing including low-fire earthenware, cone 6 oxidation, cone 10 reduction, raku, and more! Excellent resources for everyone’s glaze library. Special sale: Go paperless and get both compete books on CD, in PDF format, for just $21.95! To order, visit http://www.claytimes.com/store/glazebook.html or call toll-free 800.356.2529.
- WANTED: Studio Pottery by Ruth Perdew, a great Denver Potter in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-988-0442.
- WORKSHOPS at Baltimore Clayworks — CHANDRA DEBUSE, Sat–Sun May 4–5, 2013; BLAISE DEPAOLO, Sat–Sun June 22 – 23, 2013; GERIT GRIMM, Sat–Sun Oct 10–11, 2013; JACK TROY, Sat–Sun Nov 9–10, 3013. Please visit www.baltimoreclayworks.org or call 410.578.1919 ext. 10.
- Southwest Traditions — Ghost Ranch in Abiquiu, NM August 5-11 — Basic handbuilding techniques of pinch, coil, and slab will be covered. Intimate focus on polishing techniques. Individual interests will be supported. Class will conclude with outdoor primitive firing. $375+Lodging and Meals. www.ghostranch.org
- It's Elemental: Creating with Clay, Fire, and Sunshine — Ghost Ranch in Abiquiu, NM; July 29-August 4. Participants will learn to prospect for clay, form it to your will, and fire it in a way that can be done in your own backyard. $375+Lodging and Meals. www.ghostranch.org
- Woodfiring Kiln — Ghost Ranch in Abiquiu, NM July 15-21. This program will encompass pottery building techniques as well as specialized glazes for high-temperature woodfiring. $390+Lodging and Meals. www.ghostranch.org
- Playing with Fire: Clay From Start to Finish — Ghost Ranch in Abiquiu, NM July 18-14. Participants will become familiar with many forms of handbuilding, along with some wheel-throwing techniques that augment their hand-formed pieces. $380+Meals and Lodging. www.ghostranch.org
- Summer Day Camp 2013 — The Pottery and Creative Center in Clermont, Florida. Country location. Morning pottery and afternoon art projects for children ages 8-12. E-mail Katie.Roser@yahoo.com or call 321.947.7667.
PLACE YOUR AD IN THE CLAY TIMES ONLINE AND PRINT
CLASSIFIEDS FOR AS LITTLE AS $75!
•To place an instant classified order online, CLICK HERE